The ultimate chicken wings

I wanted to write about these little guys back when the superbowl was happening but they wouldn’t of gotten the attention they deserved as everyone was writing about their superbowl recipes.  Plus, I was stuck in bed sick and not able to cook anything.

close up drummettes

So a few weeks back,  at the  anti-valentines day’s potluck ( Yes, this happened, we all wore black and drank lots and lots of wine), I made chicken wings. How appropriate right?  Actually, they were drummettes but wings sound better and the recipe still applies.

I got this recipe from my brother in law who actually got it from his mother.  As soon as I had them, I knew I had to have the recipe.

Ingredients

Mini Chicken Wings or Drummettes
garlic salt
paprika
garlic powder
celery salt
onion powder

These are the 5 top seasonings I use, but you can substitute one or two with one you prefer. I know this seems very sodium heavy, but they are really delicious so you must try them, just don’t eat all of them to yourself. It will be hard but trust me its for the best.

seasonings

Directions:

• Preheat Oven at 350 degrees
  • Using a Cookie Tray – lay out the chicken drummettes evenly on the pan

chicken drummettes

Sprinkle each seasoning on the individual chicken pieces, then flip each piece over and sprinkle the other side.

seasoned drummettes

Cook for 45 minutes in oven.  Mid-way thru flip over each drummete. While baking, the chicken will create natural juices and will be flavorful inside and out.

cooked chicken drummettes

Leave me some comment love

13 comments on “The ultimate chicken wings

1. Natalie @ Will Jog For Food on said:

Looks great and easy too!!! I’ve never made wings because I love having them at Bru’s Room (which is conveniently a mile away from me, hehe).

2. Chris's GourmetFashion on said:

Hope you’re feeling better. Great potluck dish. Chicken wings make great party food for kids too!

3. Food Frenzy on said:

Such an easy way to making chicken wings. They turned out great. Looks delicious.

We invite you to share this post and some of your favorite food posts on Food Frenzy.
    Please check out our community at http://blogstew.net/foodfrenzy

4. Kate @ Diethood.com on said:

Gabby, these sound awesome! I love the paprika and the garlic salt… actually, I love everything that’s on there! Great wings!!

5. Kate @ Diethood.com on said:

P.S. I love the new look of FoodChowDown!

• Gabby@FoodChowDown on said:

thanks i’m testing this one out until I find a graphic designer that will make the layout how i want it. :)

6. Brenda on said:

My husband could eat ALL of these, no problem. We love chicken wings but I don`t make them that often for some reason. I love all the seasonings – perfect!

7. The Mom Chef ~ Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time on said:

I adore any kind of chicken wing. In fact, my mom and I used to fight over the ones on a whole chicken whenever she’d roast them. Your spice combination looks absolutely wonderful. Yum!

8. Lauren @ Hungry Child in the City on said:

Ohhhhh these look tasty! I made some chicken wings for the Superbowl (duh) and totally loved them. Thanks for sharing!

9. Cakewhiz on said:

hope you are feeling better :)
    woohoo! garlic salt… i swear i sprinkle that on everything. i love the way it makes my food taste. so, i have no doubt that these wings taste fabulous!

10. Suzy Eats on said:

These look great. Glad you are feeling better now. I am going to try them. You make it sound so simple. I may add fresh lemon on top as well as see how that goes.
    www.suzyeats.com

11. ManWifeDog on said:

These just look so good I can taste them. OMG!

12. Sherri on said:

Man, I love food blogs! So many great ideas. I know I’d have to sprinkle or douse mine in some hot sauce or bbq.